February 16, 2021
When it comes to your smile, if you’re like most of our customers, you want it to be bright and stain-free. Few things give off as strong a first impression as a radiant smile that has been well cared for, so it’s easy to understand why teeth whitening procedures are among our most popular services among patients. So, what do teeth whitening regimens look like, and do you have options? Let’s take a look.
What Is a Teeth Whitening Procedure
Teeth whitening services are pretty straight forward; they are just what they sound like – ways to whiten your teeth. Over the years, our teeth take on stains that sink into the enamel from all kinds of sources. Some of the most common everyday items and activities that can cause our smiles to dull over time include:
- Foods with certain dyes or pigmentation – many fruits, wines, and artificially colored food items, for example, can easily leave surface stains on your teeth.
- Medications – believe it or not, some over the counter meds can lead to discoloration by way of making your teeth appear more yellow or gray.
- Dark colored beverages – coffee and tea are big offenders here, as are sports drinks, dark or colored sodas, and many others. If it would stain your carpet if spilled, it’s likely staining your teeth just the same.
- Other sources – there are many things that influence the brightness of your smile. Things like improper brushing, your age, and even using too much fluoride when brushing can impact your teeth whiteness.
Looking for Teeth Whitening Lancaster? Give Us a Call!
At Lancaster Family Smiles, we offer our patients the most innovative whitening technology available. We know you have busy schedules and don’t want to waste time with lengthy dental procedures. That’s why we opt for our ZOOM! Whitening procedure for the fastest, most effective teeth whitening Lancaster has available.
Our in-office whitening procedure involves a powerful deep cleaning agent that removes stains that have settled below the surface of your teeth. We follow this with a concentrated whitening gel solution that’s designed to optimize stain removal and brightening of the enamel when activated by a special light treatment. The process is able to dramatically whiten your teeth by several shades in one short office visit.
Not looking for dramatic results? We also offer an at-home whitening kit for our patients who prefer a more subtle whitening process. Ask lancasterfamilysmiles.com professionals about our personalized take home kits that are custom tailored for each individual patient!
Your Premier Whitening Professionals in Lancaster
Whether you’re looking for a gradual return to a whiter smile or you want a dramatic brightening treatment in a short time, our team of dental professionals is here to help! We have options for every patient, so give us a call today to see how we can help you make your best first impressions with a beautifully white smile!
January 27, 2021
When it comes to caring for our teeth, we often come across the term “cosmetic dentistry.” Understanding this term and what services and procedures fall under its category can go a long way toward the health of your teeth, and your wallet, by understanding what is and is not covered by your dental insurance. So, just what is cosmetic dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry is essentially, any dental procedure that is aimed at improving the overall aesthetic appeal of your smile, but not necessarily a requirement for overall oral health. In other words, they include a list of services and products that can improve the appearance of your teeth. Because these procedures are rarely considered medically necessary for a healthy mouth, they are often not covered by dental insurance plans, so it’s important to be prepare for any financial obligation you may incur.
Trending Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures
There are actually quite a few procedures and products that fall under the cosmetic dentistry category. Some of the most common services in this arena include:
- Dental Veneers. This process involves bonding a thin layer of porcelain or resin to the outside of your existing teeth in order to reshape them. This is used to give a more “uniform” look to your teeth and include reshaping, resizing, and whiter coloring.
- Teeth Whitening. This is by far the most common cosmetic dentistry request. This process offers a few different options that can be utilized to brighten and whiten your teeth in order to get rid of unsightly staining or yellowing from plaque.
- Dental Bonding. Bonding is used primarily to repair the appearance of chipped or broken teeth by adhering a resin putty to the area in need of repair in order to restore the look of the original tooth.
In some cases, cosmetic dentistry can be considered part of a medically necessary procedure that your insurance might cover. Examples of this could include tooth fillings, crowns, bridges, and even implants. You should always check with your insurance provider prior to any dental work to ensure your elected procedure is covered.
Finding a Cosmetic Dentist Near You
Searching for the best cosmetic dentist Lancaster can save you a lot of headaches in the long run by helping you adequately understand and prepare for these types of procedures. At Lancaster Family Smiles, our team is here to discuss all of your options with you as well as walk you through the steps in preparation.
We are here to make sure you know just what to expect and how to plan for any elected cosmetic procedure – even those not covered by your insurance. The happiness and dental health of our clients are our #1 priority!
Talk to Your Family Dentist about Elective Dental Work
Before opting for dental procedures to improve your smile, start by talking to your family dentist about your options. Know what to expect and how to plan for these services to maintain your beautiful s
October 15, 2020
If you’re considering having some cosmetic dentistry performed, chances are, you have questions. Often times our patients come to us with concerns about cost, recovery times, result expectations, and many other things they are considering prior to an upcoming procedure – all of which are excellent questions! Whether you’re in the beginning stages and searching for the best dental office in DeSoto to perform your elected dental service, or you’ve been a patient for years and are looking to have some additional work done, we’re here to help!
What Is Cosmetic Dentistry?
For starters, one of the first things to understand is simply – what is cosmetic dentistry? Since different offices offer different procedures and services, it’s important to know exactly what your dentist can do before deciding which option is best for you.
Cosmetic dentistry is essentially an elective procedure that involves improving the overall healthy appearance of your smile. These services involve a wide range of options that can be tailored to your specific needs. At Lancaster Family Smiles, our team offers exceptional cosmetic dentistry practices that include:
- Gum line recontouring
- Gap corrections with bonding procedures
- Straightening options such as Invisalign, BioClear, and traditional braces
- Ceramic veneers
- Professional cleaning and whitening treatments
- Filling replacements to match your teeth
What to Know Before Your Procedure
Once you have discussed your viable options with your family dentist and come up with the right solution for your needs, it’s important to prepare by asking questions. Your trusted oral care professional should walk you through the steps from how to prepare for your upcoming procedure to tips for optimal recovery afterwards. It’s also imperative, however, for you to speak up with questions on anything you don’t understand.
Some of the most common questions and concerns we are asked by our patients prior to their cosmetic dentistry procedures include:
- Is this procedure covered by my dental insurance?
- Have others had great success with this procedure or service?
- Can I see images of previous patients’ successes?
- Will this be painful and/or how can I manage the recovery process?
- Do I need to be sedated for this procedure?
- How can I prepare for my treatment or procedure?
Preparing for Your Cosmetic Dentistry Procedure
After you’ve made the decision to schedule your elected cosmetic procedure, it’s best to begin preparations to ensure the smoothest service and recovery possible. Depending on which treatment you are seeking, your preparations could be minor or very complex. While your family dentist will be able to help you outline your preparations, here are a few of the most important steps to take prior to any cosmetic dentistry procedure:
- Call your insurance agency. Being surprised by high dental bills for something that your insurance didn’t cover is never a good thing. Always ensure you call to verify what procedures are (and are not) covered by your insurance before scheduling the service.
- Plan for down time. If you’re having a more extensive procedure done, you will want to plan for recovery time as needed. This may mean scheduling time off of work or other responsibilities.
- Follow your doctor’s orders. The most important step to ensure a healthy recovery process (and to allow optimal results), is to follow all advice given by your family dentist.